crop_rec module with higher resolutions (4K, 1080p48 etc):
- 1920x960 @ 50p (both 1:1 crop and full-frame - 3x3 pixel binning)
- 1920x800 @ 60p (same as above)
- 1920x1080 @ 45p and 48p (3x3 binning)
- 1920x1920 @ 24p (1:1 square crop)
- 3072x1920 @ 24p (1:1 crop)
- 3840x1600 @ 24p (1:1 crop)
- 4096x2560 @ 12.5p (1:1 crop)
- 4096x1440 @ 25p (1:1 crop)
- Full-resolution LiveView: 5796x3870 at 7.4 fps (128ms rolling shutter).
- Continuous: 3072x1308 @ 24p, 1920x1080 @ 45p, 1920x960 @ 50p, 1920x800 @ 60p, 4096x2560 @ 8p, 5796x3870 @ 5p.
EOSM, 650D, 700D, 100D:
- 1736x696 @ 50/60p with 3x3 pixel binning (actually column binning / line skipping)
- Lossless compression: 1736x976 @ 24p continuous (this is the maximum 16:9 resolution with 3x3 sampling)
- 1824x634 @ 50/60p with 3x3 pixel binning (actually column binning / line skipping)
- Lossless compression: 1824x1026 @ 24p [continuous?] (this is the maximum 16:9 resolution with 3x3 sampling)
- It's quite bleeding edge (expect bugs)
- Includes lossless compression for MLV (mlv_lite/mlv_play) and DNG (silent/pic_view)
- Includes lua_fix and dynamic-my-menu
- You will generally need to use the (non-realtime) preview from the raw recording module.
- Setting the preview to Frozen LV will give sligthly better recording times.
- Modes with higher vertical resolution will have real-time preview only for the top of the frame.
- Modes with higher horizontal resolution will have the preview completely broken.
- Centered x5 zoom will show either a cropped real-time preview, or a slow preview with correct framing (half-shutter to toggle).
- mlv_lite has lossless compression, H.264 proxy and experimental sound recording via mlv_snd
- mlv_rec works too, but without lossless compression
This is also the "de facto" bleeding edge branch, with other experimental stuff being tested here.