- Merge branch 'topic/Ant/correct-uart_rx_interrupt-number-for-eos-1588612772652/bitbucket-pr-963' into 'branch/qemu' correct uart_rx_interrupt number for EOS M3 See merge request magic-lantern/magic-lantern!963
- QEMU docs: fixed broken links
- QEMU: replaced Bitbucket links with Heptapod ones
- QEMU install: option to compile any GDB version from source; GDB 8.1.1 also buggy... Usage: COMPILE_GDB=8.1 ./install.sh
- QEMU install: fix precompiled toolchain dependencies on recent Ubuntu (todo: test on recent WSL)
- QEMU install: experimental support for Debian (same packages as Ubuntu)
- QEMU install: fix checking for python/python2 on Ubuntu
- QEMU install: minor fixes for Mac - audio driver fails to compile at least on Big Sur with gcc-10; disabling everywhere (unused) - typo when checking for gcc being actually clang
- QEMU patches: backported sys/sysmacros.h fix from qemu 4.x (should compile cleanly on Mac) Related discussion: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/
- QEMU install: python2 still required for compiling QEMU Ubuntu: available as "python2" on newer distros, or "python" on older ones... Mac: not available in Brew, but already installed by Apple Some systems no longer have "python" pointing to "python2" (fixed in configure_eos.sh)
- QEMU install: only GDB 8.1 is known to work correctly as 64-bit binary Tested all pre-built versions from 2017-q4 to 2020-q4 on macOS Big Sur https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-software/open-source-software/developer-tools/gnu-toolchain/gnu-rm/downloads Only gdb 8.1 worked correctly with our scripts...
- QEMU install: dropped python2 packages - no longer available on latest Mac and Ubuntu TODO: completely get rid of python2 dependencies.
- QEMU install: updated command for installing Brew on Mac
- QEMU patches: fixes for recent compilers - "bitwise" fix: https://email@example.com/ - moved memfd from qemu-2.5.0-eos.patch to qemu-2.5.0-recent-gcc.patch QEMU now compiles cleanly with recent-gcc patches, with and without EOS patches.
- QEMU install: configure_eos updated for gcc 9.x and 10.x (to be tested)
- QEMU: renamed EOS patches to qemu-2.5.0-eos.patch
- QEMU install: always apply the patch for recent GCC - required for any gcc 7.x and newer (tested up to 10.x) - doesn't break gcc 5.x - it also helps some recent clang versions - renamed qemu-2.5.0-gcc78.patch to qemu-2.5.0-recent-gcc.patch
- correct uart_rx_interrupt number for EOS M3