Main Builds » 1200D / Rebel T5 1.0.2
- Make sure you are running Canon firmware 1.0.2.
- Once you have the correct Canon firmware:
After installation, please copy your ROM backup files (ML/LOGS/ROM*.BIN on the card) to a safe place.
- Format the card from the camera.
- Unzip the archive and copy ML files to the memory card.
- Run the Firmware Update process from Canon menu.
This procedure will enable the BOOTDISK flag in your camera's Flash ROM,
allowing it to load and execute custom code from the memory card.
A copy of the original (unmodified) ROM contents will be saved to the card.
Magic Lantern will run from this card; it won't replace your original firmware.
on the wiki. Please don't forget to check the FAQ
and the user guide
- Run Firmware Update from your ML card.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, including the fine print.
This procedure disables the BOOTDISK flag. You will no longer be able to run Magic Lantern, unless you reinstall it.
Some settings changed by Magic Lantern might be persistent; this procedure will not reset them.
To restore the camera to factory state, you may also want to clear all camera settings and custom functions from Canon menu.
From one card:
- Canon menu: Format card, remove Magic Lantern.
- This procedure does not disable the BOOTDISK flag. With this method, you will still be able to run Magic Lantern from other cards.
- Never delete the Magic Lantern files from the card! Format the card instead.
Camera doesn't boot?
- Remove battery, remove card.
- Put battery back, close card and battery covers.
- Start the camera without card.
- » Did it work? Format the card, reinstall Magic Lantern.
- » Still not working? Double-check battery and card doors, run the diagnostic tools and get in touch with us.
- If your camera locks up, remove the battery and reboot.
- Make sure you have a backup card without Magic Lantern on it (just in case).
- To restore ML defaults: Prefs → Config files.
- To see what settings you have changed from ML defaults: Modified (Δ) menu.
- To disable Magic Lantern temporarily: press and hold SET at startup.
Magic Lantern is not approved nor endorsed by Canon in any way,
and using it will probably void your warranty.
We are not responsible for any damages to your camera.
Copyright (C) 2009-2018 Magic Lantern Development Team
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.